Take A Mom's Word For It

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Support A Great Cause!

Someone I met through Facebook contacted me and asked if I would write a short piece on her efforts to make a difference in the world of cancer research. Her name is Julie Miller. Julie is walking in the Susan G. Komen 3 Day For The Cure. She is walking for her Mom, her Aunt and her Grandmother.

I don't believe there is a person whose life hasn't either been directly affected or indirectly affected by cancer. My father passed away nearly 8 years ago from cancer. My Grandfather, and my 2 great uncles have also been taken away because of cancer. Cancer has many forms and affects many people. It holds no prejudice for age, skin colour or background.

Please help Julie help cancer research. She is trying to raise as much funds as possible. Browse the items she has up for auction HERE. There are some really cute items from some really great companies and all money raised goes towards her fundraising! Also, please feel free to spread the word, the auction, the site. OR, if you have an item or two you'd like to donate (fantastic PR opportunity) please contact her HERE. A difference CAN be made. Thanks.

No comments: