2. Prepare more than 1 meal at dinner time. I always swore I'd never make separate meals for my children if there was something they didn't care for, but many nights - like most nights I end up making a lot of food... maybe that's why I hate cooking so much!
3. Need so much caffeine. Nuf' said.
4. Not have time to read the nightly books sent home from school - this is especially bad because I am a teacher!
5. Be so protective of my children. When I grew up, my brother and I were able to play outside by ourselves - until the street lights came on or my Mom called from the front door. I do not let my children out of my sight for even a moment outside the house... the world can be a scary place. I know, I watch Criminal Minds! (ha!) Speaking of which, hubby is in the desert tonight. My advice, don't stop for anyone with what appears to be a flat tire!
6. Let my kids watch T.V. Admittedly, my girls watch T.V. Not a ton, but certainly more than I thought I'd ever allow.
7. Hide from my family. Oh come on, like you've never taken a 'few' extra minutes in the washroom just because it makes for a quiet moment?! Or gone to the laundry room because there was a laundry emergency. Sometimes all I need are a few quiet minutes to take a deep breath.
8. Eat out so much. Hubby and I are really NOT the cooking type. Sure, every now and then I'll do up a roast chicken or something, but for the most part - not so much. We love "out-food" and will sometimes even go so far as to make something for the girls and then order something for us! And yes, we know which restaurants offer "Kids Eat Free" deals!!
9. Leave the bedroom in the morning without making the bed. Yes, I had been pretty obsessive about that at one point in my life, but now... I mean really, if I could use those extra 3 minutes in the morning to braid someone's hair - I'll take it!
10. Feel as much love for my family as I do everyday. Of course I knew I would love family life, but it is truly overwhelming.
Is there anything you do as a parent you thought you'd NEVER do??