Take A Mom's Word For It

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Ultimate Blog Party 2010!

Ultimate Blog Party 2010

I'm still green in the world of blogging - started just last month(!), but happened upon The Ultimate Blog Party today, hosted by 5 Minutes For Mom... what a fantastic idea! I love to find new and interesting blogs and of course gain a few readers to mine... not to mention the flitterific (yes, I have little girls!) list of prizes!!

I am a Mom (well, duh!) and like other Moms know, when you're facing a hard day, a tough decision, a bragging moment, or a sweet memory who better to understand where you've been and where you're headed than another Mom?! And so, my blog (and FB page) were born!

And since this is a party, I thought I'd share a quick recipe for a fresh Nacho/bread dip that I LOOOVE (courtesy of my Moma)...

Dip (makes 1 7x11 sized dish)

1 pkg. Philly Cream Cheese
1/2 C. Sour Cream
1/4 C. Miracle Whip (Mayo)
1 C. Salsa
2 C. Shredded Cheese
1 lg. Tomato (finely chopped)
1 Green Pepper (finely chopped)
1 Bunch Green Onions (finely chopped)

Mix first 3 ingredients and then spread in bottom of dish. Pour the salsa over this. Then cover the salsa with cheese and then spread the veggies on top.

This is a super easy, super yummy dish! Enjoy...!

Now that we've filled our (virtual) bellies, here are my top 3 prize picks from the US & Canada List... *fingers and toes crossed*

From the US & Canada list:
1. $50 Target Gift Card offered by Peggy Gorman
2. $50 Paypal Money Transfer offered by American Muslim Mom
3. $50 Gift Card to The Recessionista Shop offered by Recessionista

If my top 3 picks have already been chosen, I'd love to win any of the following (in the listed order)... or anything else related to little girls - I have three of them!!

Prize numbers 39, 15, 13, 24, 30

Good luck and happy reading and blogging!! Let's get it started!

30 comments:

Annie said...

Welcome to blogging and to the UBP! My blog is fairly new-ish too.....started just last August. Isn't blogging so much fun?

Thank you for the dip! I am so going to try that. See you around!

Literary Winner said...

Thanks for stopping by! Hope you win one of your top prizes in the party.

Maggie at tethered mommy dot com
http://www.tetheredmommy.com

PS I'm following you too - Happy Friday! :)

Parenting in blue jeans said...

Stopping by from the party. Your blog's name caught my eye. I'm also very green to blogging...I started last month. I'm wondering how you got into giveaways and such. I'm not sure if I want to go there. I'd love it if you could stop in sometime and let me know.

Unknown said...

hi thanks for stopping by! Following you back!

Shannon said...

Stopping by from the UBP and Friday Follow! That recipe sounds delish and can't wait to give it a try for family this weekend. Happy Friday, can't wait to come back and visit.

Stephanie said...

mmmm, your recipe sounds so yummy! Stopping in from UBP and following you now.

I think your blog is really cute. :)

-Steph
http://www.thehelpingmommy.com

Staci A said...

The dip sounds delish! We'll have to try it out!

Smart Money Mom said...

Hi! Stopping by from UBP...I am a follower! The dip sounds yummy!

It Feels Like Chaos said...

Hi I came over via UBP. Welcome to the bloggy world; I hope you love it!

Janene said...

Have a good time partying with UBP10. Stop by if you get a chance http://stopdropandrelax.com/blog/ And see what we have to help you Stop Drop and Relax. Visit out store at http://www.StopDropandRelax.com and Prepare To Be Pampered.

MomOnTheEdge said...

The recipe looks great! I'll definitely give it a shot. I'm new to blogging too, hopefully we all make some great connections through UBP.

Me (aka Danielle) said...

I clicked over from UBP10.

Welcome to Blogging! It's truly a great experience that I adore.

And that recipe...YUMMY! Thanks for sharing it!

Tree said...

Hi there!! That dip sounds AWESOME! Stopping by for the Ultimate Blog Party! :) I'm following you with both of my blogs....would love for you to visit and follow mine as well.

Tree (aka Mother of Pearl)
http://www.motherofpearlitis.com
http://www.mommiesfaves.com

P.S. I would love to invite you to join our new community network for moms...Mommies Faves Mom Bloggers Network. Hope to see you there soon!

Michelle said...

Stopping by from the UBP!!

The dip sounds great, I will have to give it a try.

The Activity Mom said...

The dip sounds great!
Happy Partying!

KIM said...

Stopping by via the Ultimate Blog Party, I am also new to the blogging world but I love it. You can visit my blog http://4girlsandcounting.blogspot.com/

Lisanne said...

Hi! :) I found you through 5 Minutes for Mom. I loooove the background of your blog ~ so neat! And the fact that you shared a recipe (looks super yummy) rocks! Good luck! Have a wonderful weekend!

prophetess said...

Nice to meet you, found you through the blogging party, you would be number nine out of the twenty we are supposed to do to be eligible for any prizes, but I like the challenge of meeting others and checking out the blogs

I am now following you with the google

House Queen said...

Thanks for the yummy recipe girlie!!! Thanks also for following me! I definitely returned the favor! Looking forward to getting to know you better!!!

Teresa @ Grammy Girlfriend said...

So glad you stopped by...you are going to love blogging..and your site looks great...Love your blog name...

Elizabeth said...

Thanks for stopping by and welcome to the blogosphere! 3 girls, what a blessing!!

Anonymous said...

Nice to meet you!

Courtney - crazy Mama to ten.

Tree said...

Hello! Thanks for stopping by my blog, Mother of Pearl It Is and following! :) I'm already following yours (see post above).

Enjoy the rest of the party! :)

Unknown said...

Happy UBP!! I look forward to reading more from you. It is nice to meet new blog friends

Unknown said...

Hello! thanks for stopping by AND becoming a follower! I am working hard on becoming green! I have seen those bags before and am going to check out the how to!

{ Mom of 3 Dolls } said...

Happy UBP and thanks for the follow! I'm also following yours. I never got into crocheting like my sister. She make hats, scarves, and blanket. Nice to meet you and happy blogging!

Julia Gabriel said...

Stopping in from UBP10! Love the blog.

Sela said...

Mmm, the dip looks tasty!
Thanks for stopping by my blog :)
Just entered your giveaway too...

@Dayngr said...

Swinging by for the party! Hi there! Nice to meet you.

There's still time to visit my Ultimate Blog Party 2010 post at Dayngrous Discourse. I've got 6 different giveaways too! I hope you'll surf on over, say hello and follow along if the mood strikes you.

early pregnancy signs said...

Hope to see you next year!